UPDATE: This post has been updated to remove mention of WP-CRM System being available for sale, as it has already been sold.
Over the years I have been selling a number of plugins. I built many of these plugins to “scratch my own itch”. Others I acquired from other developers along the way. Regardless of where the plugins came from, I firmly believe that all of these plugins solve real needs that WordPress users have. Including myself.
Ultimately, this process of scratching my own itch has led to a very fragmented suite of products that I have been selling. Only a few of the plugins I was selling had anything in common with the others. The rest were very much disconnected from the rest.
What I didn’t want to happen was to become the “Amazon” of the plugin world where the business sold everything from A-Z. It becomes very difficult to support such a large number of products, and market them to a fragmented target audience.
I have made some progress in consolidating the various brands under one umbrella brand, which is Amplify Plugins. However, I feel that a rebranding wasn’t quite enough. Phase 2 will be to refocus the type of products that the company sells. That focus will be on e-commerce products and services.
This means that the plugins I have been selling that do not have an e-commerce focus are going to have to find a new home. I’ve recently sold off Privacy WP, and WP-CRM System which I’ve written about before. That was a good start but there is more to do.
I currently have one last product that I want to find a new owner for, which is Full Screen Background Images.
Full Screen Background Images
It’s been nearly three years since I acquired Full Screen Background Images from Pippin Williamson. I have been very fortunate to have been able to start from a great base product. In the time that I have owned it, I’ve added a number of improvements, and steadily grown revenue.
Full Screen Background Images is been a great plugin. It has maintained a relatively reliable income without much marketing effort. Support is minimal, and it can be improved with not too much effort.
The background image on this post was added using Full Screen Background Images to show how it works. It took no longer than a minute or two to get it added, including uploading and activating the plugin, finding an image to use, and adding it to this post. You can click to any other page or post on this site and you won’t see the same background because I only set it to show this image on this post.
You can easily set an image to be used as the background on the entire site, and set a different image for each category, page, post, and archive on your site. You can even set a different image for special pages like your login page, 404 error page, front page, blog page, and search results page. Nearly every page on a site can have a different image, or they can all have the same image – the choice is yours!
How Will A Sale Work?
I’ve been a part of four plugin transactions within the last couple years, both as a seller and a buyer. I’m familiar enough with the process to ensure that it goes smoothly, yet I do know that no two transactions have been the same.
What Is Included?
I will include the following with the sale:
- The domain name and website content found on fullscreenbackgroundimages.com
- All content that is currently on the site (including blog posts, prior transaction history, etc.) will be included. Website is sold “as-is” with the exception of removing “Amplify Plugins” brand name from the site.
- All social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Export of the email list from MailChimp.
- GitHub repositories for source code (two separate repos for the free and paid versions of the plugin).
- The free version of the plugin repository on WordPress.org
- Google Analytics account.
- Stripe and PayPal accounts where possible* to transfer so a buyer can continue receiving recurring payments.
- *There can be trouble transferring those accounts to a new owner, especially if the new owner is not based in the United States. Having access to continued automatic recurring payments is not a guarantee, however that can be handled with an email to the customers asking them to update their payment information in their account.
- A blog post and social media post announcing the sale.
- Other items that we may mutually agree upon.
An ideal buyer will be an individual or company that either is looking to get started selling WordPress products, or one that already has an established business that wants to add great product to their product offerings.
Once the sale is completed I am willing to make myself available to the buyer for up to 30 days to answer questions about the product, and to help the buyer ease into the role of supporting the product.
If needed, I can perform a product demonstration for the buyer (and team if applicable).
I’d love to hear from you. Let me know by using the form below.